Emerald Guard Forum Index
<  World of Warcraft News and Media  ~  Likely Split On Feathermoon

Should we stay or should we go?
We stay on Feathermoon and brave the long queues!
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
We leave Feathermoon for adventures unknown!
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
I don't give a pickle one way or the other, I just wanna play!
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

Kalielar
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:23 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

With Feathermoon being one of the busy servers with very long queues to get in, it's most likely going to be put on the chopping block and split into two realms:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=69797955&sid=1
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=69006972&sid=1

Now, if the time comes and there is a split, if you don't pick a realm yourself, then you are automatically moved to wherever your guildmaster goes. So I'll do whatever it takes to keep us all together in one form or another.

And so I ask, what do you guys feel about the split?

On one side, it would be nice not to have wait for a 600+ queue on weekdays and 900+ queue on weekends. But at the same time, I've got so many pals on Feathermoon that I don't particularly want to go anywhere.

Alycacia
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:22 am  Reply with quote
Warlock

I don't get the poll question actually. If FM was split in two, but one of the servers retained the name "Feathermoon", that new server wouldn't have a queue anymore.

Of course, it wouldn't really be Feathermoon anymore either...

I'm fine with whichever option EG decides to go with. I'm sure there will be plenty of hawt NE's on either server...
Kalielar
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:20 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

Good point Aly! (That being that our realm as we know it may not be named Feathermoon after the split, and that there are hot night elves everywhere.)

I assumed that by splitting, they meant moving one half of the population someplace else, but keeping Feathermoon generally intact. (Kind of like 'deportation'. Confused )

I also assume that if the split remains manually choice-driven, it may lessen our queues, but I think that a majority of Feathermooners are going to want to stay with the RP community, which means we'll still have longish queues.

However, Blizzard may override our choices regardless: We will do our best to accommodate everyone’s realm preference, but if manual realm selections result in one of the two new realms being overpopulated, we may need to move some of the population to a different realm.

Based on my earlier assumption that Feathermoon stays intact but some people are shipped out, I just want to confirm what everyone wants. The priority system will put you wherever your guildmaster is, unless you specify otherwise. So I just wanted to be sure that Kal winds up wherever you guys all want to be. For me, I'd prefer to stay in a realm where the majority of my non-EG friends are, over improved stability and queue time. But if most of you guys in the guild said, "friends shmends, I can't even log on most nights", then I'd consider moving to improve our service. Now, with the few responses to the above poll, I am going to assume that most of us want to or don't mind staying on Feathermoon (that is, if it continues to be called Feathermoon).

However, if it doesn't stay named Feathermoon, and we all get forcibly split into two brand new servers, we'll just have to coordinate through these and the WoW Feathermoon forums where all of our pals are headed.

Kalielar
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:55 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

Tarquin on the Feathermoon forums makes a modest proposal that isn't half bad:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=69838764&sid=1

He's proposing that all the hardcore Feathermooners take advantage of the free transfers and move to Scryers together while we still have a choice. He's even holding a discussion session on WoW IRC tomorrow.

Check out the discussion. It's food for thought.

I think it's a good plan, but I doubt that the effort could be coordinated in time and with the cooperation of everyone. Besides, I sort of agree with the last poster Adlebar on pg. 6 who says: "Remember people. this isn't about moving 100, 200, or even 500 people. This is moving thousands of accounts containing both the greater RP and raiding community of Feathermoon. We don't even know if the cut off for the transfer is half that number of people. We're playing Noah with the ark, only there's not enough room and we have to decide which animals get left behind for the flood."

Alycacia
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:40 am  Reply with quote
Warlock

I am all for jumping to Scryers if most of the other people from "the community" are going to do it as well.

Hopefully people can come to a decision quickly before the transfer is closed.
Kalielar
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:01 am  Reply with quote
Druid

Looks like they're now suggesting "plan B":

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=69810760&sid=1

"Server B is the place to be, for RP and history and Hail Kull and FM.net and the heart of this beautiful, wonderful, f&cked-up place we call home."

I guess we'll see how this rides out.

Kalielar
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:45 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

Looks like there may not be a split after all according to Blizzard's Drysc:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=70907734&sid=1

But I'm keeping my bags packed just in case. Smile