Emerald Guard Forum Index
<  Scheduled Events  ~  Guild Get-togethers after TBC
Kalielar
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:31 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

Many guilds and raiding groups are thrown into chaos and cracking under pressure from the arrival of the Burning Crusade. Some guilds are disbanding, people are leaving or quitting the game, etc. Since we were never a raiding guild, it won't affect us as much, but it may affect us a little.

With all this whopping new content, everyone will have different motivations for TBC. Some will want to reroll one or both of the new races, while some will want to power level their 60s to 70, while others will just want to explore and take their sweet time trying everything out. The playing field has drastically changed, and we're not all going to be level 60s PWNing the same ol' stuff anymore.

The creation of Blood Elves is especially going to definitely affect our inter-guild-communication, since I'm sure at any given time, half the guild might be playing their BELFs on another faction or server. (For example: Due to limited room, Tryxx and I took advantage of the free transfers and moved our baby Horde alts to Sisters of Elune because we both wanted all 10 character slots for each faction. We want to roll one of everything basically. So our Blood Elves are going to be on SoE for now. But don't worry, all of our Alliance characters and mains are staying on Feathermoon.)

There's an inevitable split in time and interest, so it's going to be harder to get everyone together at the same time to do things together consistently. Unless we all decide on doing something together weekly, like an instance or raid, which is a possibility if you guys are interested. It's probably a little too soon since the release to figure that out right now, but let me know if you are interested in something like that. I'm totally open to suggestions. (I think our strength as a guild has always been in the 5 to 10-man runs, and the occasional Goldshire Panty Raid.) I have a whole DKP forum system on standby for us should we ever decide to use it.

In the meantime, my temporary solution is that at the very least, we all log on and hang out (maybe even on Vent) at 8pm-9pm on the 1st of every month. (If that doesn't work for you, tell me a time that does.) And to just be sure to stay in touch through the forums and Instant Messenger.

Remember, whether you come or go, you're EmeraldGuard4Life! Very Happy

Kalielar
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:37 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

I forgot to mention that my plans for TBC are splitting my time in half, between leveling Kal up to 70 and leveling up my foxy new Draenai Shaman, Zvetlana. (And squeezing in some Blood Elf action whenever the Feathermoon queue is outrageous.)

I am totally interested in doing a weekly instance with you guys (maybe one rep based), some PvP, and the usual 5 and 10-mans. (I still want to get [Formula: Enchant Weapon - Lifestealing] from Scholomance, which I heard from Tsuli now drops like 'hotcakes'.)

So what do you guys have planned for TBC?

Thalonious
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:07 am  Reply with quote
Paladin

I'm emerald guard 4 lyfe d00d. My only days I can really commit are sunday and monday at any time since those are my regular days off no questions asked. My schedual day to day starts at 9am central time and goes till when I'm done. I usually pull in 10-12+ hour days so I can never promise anything but I would love to get Thal and my hawt new Dreanai up with you pplz during the week.

The REAL Thalonious
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sefid
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:50 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

being as my time is spent between Wow and Rl and I'm 3 hours ahead of you....I'd say I can't ever promise anything. Smile but I don't ever want to leave the guild.
Kalielar
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:24 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

Weekly Monday runs works for me, Thal. I'll set up something official, like maybe Mondays at 6:30 or 7pm server.

Sefid wrote:
being as my time is spent between Wow and Rl and I'm 3 hours ahead of you....I'd say I can't ever promise anything. Smile but I don't ever want to leave the guild.

Aww! We <3 ya, Sef. Very Happy