Emerald Guard Forum Index
<  Off-Topic General Discussions  ~  Wii can be hazardous to your health!
Kalielar
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:09 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

An advisory from the Japanese Wii safety manual:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adampsyche/314309222/

It's all fun and games until somebody pokes your eye out!

Serandriel
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:06 am  Reply with quote
Priest

Another link to add to this...

http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com

Twisted Evil

Despite this, I'm a proud owner of one... and I love it. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is THE HAWTEST game evar. I love the style of it and Link is just hawt. <.< >.>

Wii Sports is also a laugh. It's interesting to play with very interactive remote controls. Wink

Serandriel
Sparden
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:27 am  Reply with quote
Druid

Sadly, I've tried (to no avail) many times to bribe the kids at Gamestop/Wal-Mart/Target/Toys 'R Us/Best Buy with hawt cyb0rz for a console.

It is not, I repeat, not recommended. They usually get all flustered and ask you politely to leave, but then nod and wink as you leave. And think how awkward you'll feel after a situation like that.

Instead, try real monies. Works much nicer.

Let's just say the biggest shipment we got here (launch day) was four consoles. My hope of getting one has always been slim to none. If one of you cool cats gets your hands on two, I'll write you out a check for S&H and the full cost of the console.

Because a copy of Twilight Princess is sitting on my desk, taunting me. Because I had $50 on Amazon.com that I just couldn't wait to spend... on a game that I can't play.

Yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Darcloak
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:56 am  Reply with quote
Warrior

I managed to pick up a Wii no problem, and actually have already beaten Zelda. Great game Very Happy

Serandriel
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:59 pm  Reply with quote
Priest

Sparden wrote:
Let's just say the biggest shipment we got here (launch day) was four consoles. My hope of getting one has always been slim to none. If one of you cool cats gets your hands on two, I'll write you out a check for S&H and the full cost of the console.

Seriously? Sounds like what happened around here for the stupid PS3's. :p
We, unfortunately, had some problems too... and were limited to only 1 console per person.

Darclock wrote:
I managed to pick up a Wii no problem, and actually have already beaten Zelda. Great game Very Happy

/agree!

Well, about Zelda being a great game. ^^ We actually had a bit of a hassle obtaining our Wii console. Aseria went to Target @ 4am on release day and was 23/24 tickets (what they passed out in line) ... so he BARELY made the cut to get a hold of a Wii! O_o

We beat Zelda last week. (We = Aseria and I) We ended up with 17 hearts in the end. Awesome game play, IMHO. I was thoroughly impressed with the way they handled this game. *fangirlish squee*

We're going to go back around and try to find the last remaining pieces of hearts. Those are always fun. I think we have 24/30 Agitha bugs located, too. So we need to hunt around for that.

HORSEBACK COMBAT RULES! O_O OMG it was awesome. ^.^ I wish we had that in WoW. XD

I <3 this game. It was everything a Zelda game fangirl could dream for. ^^ I've been playing Zelda since the very first Zelda in 1986. Yah, that dates me... oh wells. :p

Serandriel
Kalielar
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:05 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

Serandriel wrote:
Another link to add to this...

http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com

Twisted Evil

Awesome! And this video clip that they link to is just heeeelarious:
http://gonintendo.com/?p=9740

And hey Spard, one of our guildmates coincidentally works at Best Buy and he might be convinced with a little hawt cyb0rz. Razz

Darcloak
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:34 pm  Reply with quote
Warrior

Serandriel wrote:
Sparden wrote:

Seriously? Sounds like what happened around here for the stupid PS3's. :p
We, unfortunately, had some problems too... and were limited to only 1 console per person.

Darclock wrote:

/agree!

Well, about Zelda being a great game. ^^ We actually had a bit of a hassle obtaining our Wii console. Aseria went to Target @ 4am on release day and was 23/24 tickets (what they passed out in line) ... so he BARELY made the cut to get a hold of a Wii! O_o

We beat Zelda last week. (We = Aseria and I) We ended up with 17 hearts in the end. Awesome game play, IMHO. I was thoroughly impressed with the way they handled this game. *fangirlish squee*

We're going to go back around and try to find the last remaining pieces of hearts. Those are always fun. I think we have 24/30 Agitha bugs located, too. So we need to hunt around for that.

HORSEBACK COMBAT RULES! O_O OMG it was awesome. ^.^ I wish we had that in WoW. XD

I <3 this game. It was everything a Zelda game fangirl could dream for. ^^ I've been playing Zelda since the very first Zelda in 1986. Yah, that dates me... oh wells. :p

Wasnt the ending super sad Sad

Sparden
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:57 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

Kalielar wrote:
And hey Spard, one of our guildmates coincidentally works at Best Buy and he might be convinced with a little hawt cyb0rz. Razz

Shocked

o rly? I seriously would be up for it, I'm buying a secret thing called "game card' with my next paycheck, so yeah... I'd be willing to do anything to get a Wii right now.

And for anyone asking, I'm a cashier at Petsmart Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Thalonious
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:34 am  Reply with quote
Paladin

Dude, I see multiple Wiis in a week. Brand spankin' new along with PS3s. O_o It's always funny to me when someone is desperate to find one. I just go, "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

The REAL Thalonious
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Serandriel
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:36 am  Reply with quote
Priest

Kalielar wrote:
Awesome! And this video clip that they link to is just heeeelarious:
http://gonintendo.com/?p=9740

Well, at least you can give her points for keeping in shape. Wink
Serandriel
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:37 am  Reply with quote
Priest

Darcloak wrote:
Wasnt the ending super sad Sad

Oh yes! Well, not exactly "sad" per se, but more moving. It really did move me. Not many RPGs (or games for that fact!) can actually achieve that!

Serandriel
Sefid
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:53 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

my wife and I are thinking of getting one of each of the new consoles...more and more she wants the wii over the xbox360. hehe
Sparden
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:25 am  Reply with quote
Druid

Well, I think luck is on my side, as today, I got my hands on not only a wii, but three controllers, twilight princess, and without any hawt cyb0rz.

I am enjoying my wii very, very much.
Serandriel
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:34 am  Reply with quote
Priest

Congrats Sparden. Smile Enjoy it and stay safe! Wink

Speaking of Wii... we just completed another heart, so now we're at 19/20 hearts! We need to find 5 more pieces. @_@ Bwah. There's a section of the castle that we can't seem to find out how to access, too. *sigh* Boo.

Serandriel
Darcloak
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:46 pm  Reply with quote
Warrior

I remember there being something in the graveyard. Snoop around it in Wolf form with your sences on