Emerald Guard Forum Index
<  Scheduled Events  ~  Mass Kite Event
Pyroxene
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:36 pm  Reply with quote
Hunter

So, I'm on travel and have had time to play (as some of you have noticed). However, I am in no raids and don't have the patience for BG. What to do? Well, Koy helped me discover the joys of kiting big monsters into big cities. More recently, Thal and Sparden helped me piss off some more folks and the addiction grew (although, the first time I did it with Koy, we actually ruined Warden quest for a group of folks... AWESOME!). So how do we take it to the next level? Get a bigger mob? Kazzak, I have heard, is quite the menace (I hope I spelled his name right).
But, that's all been done before! We need something better! Then it came to me...
We will practice on standalone mobs like Teremus and Kazzak, all the while timing the kite from their start location to a city like Stormwind. Then, without warning, on a high pop. night, we get together and kite 4 or 5 of the meanest mobs to SW, to meet at the same time... It will be glorious!

PROJECT MAYHEM WILL PWN THE NOOBZ!

All I wanna know is, who's comin with me?

We will be planning this for Friday night (exact time is still a variant but I'd say 9oclock west coast). This gives us two days to practice on 4-5 mobs. Teremus is an easy one and timing him will only take an hour or so at most to get a good average. I need votes for the other mobs to kite and willing participants to help me discover kite times over the next 2 days. Then we need 4-5 groups of only 2-3 folks each (depending on the mob of course) to be online no later than 7 oclock this Friday (west coast time).

This isn't the standard format for scheduling an event. Of course, this is no ordinary event! Please, join me in the MAYHEM!

Last but not least, I would hope that at least a couple of us have a full license to programs like Fraps. We wouldn't want to lose this bit of EG history, Twisted Evil

One day, this can be used to conquer Horde cities with confusion and death galore! But for now let's practice on friendly n00bs and whining 60's who say shit like "I'll fucking report you n00b, you ruined my quest! ZOMG I'm so lonely I need to save the Warden! He's so hawt I want cyb0rz with him gimme good time ZOMG KKTHXBYE!"

You get the idea...

Now that I fell I've gotten my point across, it's time for someone to tell me "Hey Pyro, that shit's been done before, but OK I'LL DO IT! YEEHAW!"

Questions? Comments?...
Kalielar
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:35 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

That time you kited Teremus to the AH, you managed to kill my innocent bag mule who was scanning the AH with Auctioneer trying to make big $$$. Tryxx heard all the commotion coming from my speakers, and I managed to get to my desk in time to capture you proclaiming your nubsaucery in the name of the guild, ya big n00bish galoot!

So I'm game for next time, but we have to be slick and sly, and keep it on the DL. I don't mind taking pix and frapping it and having us revel in teh funny, but let us not foolishly yell or announce in General that the guild is responsible for the shenanigans. (Though you're welcome to claim the glory of all the nubsaucery as your own, courtesy of Pyrox.)

I don't want to get temporarily banned for griefing of all things (especially since griefing is 'technically' one of our guild no-nos in our charter, but I'll look the other way in this case).

I swear by the light of Elune, if I miss a single raid because of your nubsaucery, I'll kite your taut and peachy little ass over the kitchen sink myself.

Twisted Evil

Adeena
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:18 pm  Reply with quote
Hunter

Well pyro this sounds like trouble, mayhem an oodles of pissed off people... Count me in!

Sefid
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:29 am  Reply with quote
Druid

I'd love to help, but that is too late for me. Razz
Pyroxene
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:16 pm  Reply with quote
Hunter

Well... Lack of practice and a modified Kazzak kind of puts this idea on the back burner for now. However, I would love to go kill that bastard Kazzak tonight if anyone is interested. Same time same place...
Adeena
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:00 pm  Reply with quote
Hunter

Pretty sure Kazzak is a 40man raid isn't it?

Pyroxene
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:35 pm  Reply with quote
Hunter

We did it with 26 last night...
Still, thats quite the order to fill.
Anyone got friends?