Emerald Guard Forum Index
<  Photo Gallery  ~  Bootylicious Kal
Kalielar
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:18 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

Aly's been asking me for nekkid screenies of myself (what she's going to do with them, I don't know and I won't ask), so here's one from our Molten Core run last night.

http://emeraldguard.dreamhosters.com/photo_albums/kal/BootyliciousKal.jpg

I told you guys, it's 'HOT' in the core!

Very Happy

Adeena
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:51 pm  Reply with quote
Hunter

Haha "The hat and branches stay on."

Edit: What resolution do you run at! You have 'so' much space on your screen
Hadvin
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:45 pm  Reply with quote
Hunter

It's that yummy iMac hard at work...

I run the game at 1920x1440 sometimes, though I turn it down to 1600x1200 often in Molten Core to keep frame rates up into the 30s-40s.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kalielar
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:49 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

Adeena wrote:
Haha "The hat and branches stay on."

Edit: What resolution do you run at! You have 'so' much space on your screen

Chicks love the branches. Then again... ..so do little birds, and Christmas ornaments. Laughing

And yeah, it's my new 20" iMac which I've set to 1680x1050 -- it's a huge difference from my old 1024x768 flat panel display.

I'll post a side-by-side comparison later, as I'm sifting through some old screenies right now. (Lots of incriminating evidence, hehe.)

One other thing that helped free up some screen real estate was scaling my UI as wee as possible.

Adeena
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:47 pm  Reply with quote
Hunter

Yeah I think I'll be turning up my resolution tonight, my box can certainly take it, just sort of something Ive never thought to do I guess... At any rate here's what Monna's UI looks like

Kalielar
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:27 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

That is a hot UI, Ade. That's all Discord right?

I tried playing with DiscordMods once but it made my head hurt. I may have to try again though, because I like the idea of moving the mini-map. Half the time I never see what's going on, or where I am, because my eyes are glued to the party's health bars.

Here's a question though -- would I have to remove CT_Mod's Breakable Bottom Bar to get Discord to work?

Adeena
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:32 pm  Reply with quote
Hunter

No, I use both discord unit frames and breakable bottom bar... Now if you use Discord bar mod you can't use CT Bottom bar, but discord has all the same options plus some... I just didn't like discord bar mod, if you thought discord unit frames were complicated, bar mods are just insane.

I'd like to get it setup where I can see the target of each of my party members, I've been sort of working off and on with that. In the meanwhile I love seeing the target of target, its so helpful to see who's getting pounded and nice for healing (also works with NPCs and teammates).

Minimap this is called "CleanMinimap"
Kalielar
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:57 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

Thanks Ade -- now I'll be spending all week fiddling with my UI hehe.

Anyway, I have add-ons that do exactly what you're looking for actually. I have to look em up and get the links for you by tonight. Very handy stuff.

Adeena
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:23 pm  Reply with quote
Hunter

Excellent!

There's a way to set it up with the Discord frames, but as far as I can tell I could only have a health/mana bar of the parties targets (not sure about the text field where the name would go) so it wouldn't be very visually obvious who's on what.

For those curious mods shown are:
CT_ALL (bottom bar, buffs, regen, bars)
CleanMinimap
eCasting Bar
StunWatch (or whatever the new one is?)
Discord Unit Frames
CritLine
(the gap at the top is where my Titan Panel sits eheh - auto-hide ftw)

Oh yeah! Also Kali, I found that 'overheal' sort of damagemeters thing I was asking about the other day too, its called "Recap"... Plan on getting that tonight to check it out.
Kalielar
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:01 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

Yeah, I saw that last night with the DUF but the entire Party's Targets' Targets must only work in combination with another specific add-on. I got the individual Target's Target to work though which was fun to test out in Stormwind when you realize how many people are clicking on you.

In raiding, CT_RaidAssist has the Tank List that you can open up and turn on Target's Target which is pretty neat. But for regular 5-man parties, I use the following:

AggroAlert - though out of date, it's really really rockin'. It not only notifies you when you have aggro, but it also displays the name of your target's target in a movable frame. Works on a mob or a player. (So if I clicked myself to bandage, it will say "Kalielar is tanking Kalielar.")

The other thing I use is Tank Assist -- you set up one person as a main tank for easy assists, and it always shows you who the main tank is looking at.

As for healing/damage meters, I'm gonna try out Recap and SW Stats.

p.s. Did you see the new Curse Gaming website redesign? Looks snappy.

Tryxx
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:55 pm  Reply with quote

Kalielar wrote:
Target's Target to work though which was fun to test out in Stormwind when you realize how many people are clicking on you.

And then they see that you're clicking on them, and they're clicking on you, and you're clicking on them, and on and on into infinity...

I use CT and Titan panel liberally, but I've avoided Discord 'cause I kinda hate the design choices (I have a hatred for certain fonts). Although I may relent now that I've seen what Kali has done with it.

My current UI kinda looks like this (pic was snapped a couple weeks ago, and I've since fiddled with it more). And yes, that's me with the elusive El Pollo Grande, The Black Chicken of Death. (And my screen is just as big and beautiful as Kali's; pic is sized down).

Edited because Kali's sig changed again

Last edited by Tryxx on Wed May 10, 2006 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adeena
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:01 pm  Reply with quote
Hunter

Hmm... I'm not possitive but I'm pretty sure you can mess with the fonts... An colors, size, shape, design, portrait, etc etc...
Tryxx
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:19 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah. I guess I like how timeless and sophisticated the original UI looks; I like the silver frames and the small yet legible titles and such. Discord makes everything look really... '80s. And not in that cool retro-ironic way.

That said, I'm willing to suffer through the '80s again if it means I can move those little bitty buff icons around. Razz
Adeena
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:30 pm  Reply with quote
Hunter

I'm pretty sure in CT you can just turn them off if they bother you eheh... I know with mine I had to turn them off in CT because Discord wanted to use it's own "Discord buff/debuffs" which I could have turned off/resized.

I could dink around later and try to make a Discord unit frame that looks more uhh, traditional... The saved variables files are movable so I should be able to save the layout and transfer it.
Adeena
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:24 pm  Reply with quote
Hunter