Emerald Guard Forum Index
<  Guild Information and Membership  ~  Emerald Guard Chat Channel
Kalielar
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:01 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

As Michael Stipe once crooned, "It's the end of the world as we know it..... and I feeeeel fine."

Many of our guild members have finally reached endgame raiding age, and as I've said before, the Emerald Guard does not have the resources to ever become a fully fledged raiding guild. It is a lot of hard work to get one started, and even harder to maintain.

I recently offered some suggestions in your raiding options. But the truth of the matter is, if you want to earn your epics quickly, the fastest and easiest way to do it is by joining a raiding heavy guild.

The Facts, Ma'am:

A good raiding guild is EASY to find.
A good PuG raid group is HARD to find.
A good non-guild-based raid group is friggin' HARD to find.
A good raid group with space for a Hunter is like MIRACULOUS.

So our dear huntress Janari is currently being interviewed by a successful raiding guild right now, and may not be listed in the Emerald Guard roster for awhile. However, that doesn't mean she's no longer an Emerald Guardian! She's just doing what she has to do to get the things that she wants, plain and simple. (Hey, we all want the good stuff, let's not pretend.)

Of course, we'd all miss her *bigjugs* very much, soooooo I've come up with a solution so that we can still stay a 'family' but you're free to /gquit if you wish to join a raiding guild for awhile. I've created a special new chat channel that everyone can join, whether or not you stay in the guild.

This way we can all stay in touch, and still give each other *hugshugshugshugshugs* and offer each other [random items], but also have the option and opportunity to join any one of the many successful Feathermoon raiding guilds and get some crazy PHAT LEWT to boot!!! See? We all get our epic cake and eat it too.

So everyone, whether or not you're staying in the guild, please join the following chat channel in-game:

/join emeraldguard

*Note: It helps to color the new emeraldguard channel green in your General Chat options, so it looks and feels just like the old Guild Channel!

The nice thing about this is that you can invite your guilded friends too, if you want to chat them up with us. As Alycacia said, it'll kinda be our orgy channel. Or MMorgy as they say.

You can come and go from our guild as you please, but you'll always be
"Emerald4LIFE!"

Last edited by Kalielar on Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Adeena
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:32 pm  Reply with quote
Hunter

Oh what an awesome idea!

A couple nights ago someone offered me (well Monna) a guild invite into his guild, ninja invited then after I declined got a tell "Plz! We hav 200++!!". More seriously though was last night, another invite into a raid guild of 150 (he admits to about 50-60 regular lev60s) although a /who of the guild showed that of the 20 something online members only 2 at the time were 60 eheh... All I could think of though was how awesome it'd be if some of us were in other guilds, capable of raiding because we could yank each other away as subs without all that pesky application crap for a 'guild run'. Needless to say Monna is still unguilded though considering the last offer, I think this channel is a great idea!

Adeena isn't going anywhere anytime soon... But some of my other characters may jump into some guilds if I feel it benefits us as a whole.
Tryxx
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:49 pm  Reply with quote

Glad you're into the idea Ade -- I think it'd be good for our alts (or mains) to experiment with other guilds that might offer more regular dungeon running or raiding activity or full-on RP etc; plus like you said, we can always call on each other when we need help ...or hawt cyborX. Razz
Janari
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:39 pm  Reply with quote
Hunter

Thankyou so much for making it *bighughughughughughugs*
Im so so happy that i will be able to stay in touch with everyone. I have to admit its going to be interesting to say the least i just wanted to experiment with Janari a bit....And its so awesome to know i can come back whewt!!

Love you all tons and bunches! *biggynormousjugsandwibbles*
Hadvin
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:30 pm  Reply with quote
Hunter

I'd like to throw this out there...

Armed to the Teeth has adopted Emerald Guard as somewhat of a "sister" guild, and last night we had a successful (well.. KINDA successful... GODDAMN WINDSOR!) run together.

In case you didn't know, I'm Hadvin in my other life, 60 Dwarf Hunter of some fame, and probably one of the very few "teaching" hunters on the server. I pride myself on my ability to turn fresh 60 hunters into absolute wrecking balls of destruction; not to mention we've got some aged warriors, priests, druids, rogues, mages, and paladins who are masters of our craft and enjoy teaching.

If you've got alts and similar who are looking for loots, especially your tier 0 set, we specialize in getting people their Scholo, Strat, BRS gears. I also co-run the Raid Brigade, a twice-weekly run into Molten Core; we're always looking for subs and are even looking to fill an empty warlock spot. Not to mention we're at the end of Molten Core, so we're able to get you your Tier 1 gear if your attendance is regular (standard DKP, so it WILL take a while).

You're welcome to join Armed to the Teeth as a member and still keep in close contact with your Emerald Guard cronies. And since I'm active in both guilds, I'm happy to ease your entry.

Astroglide and friendly guild management for the win.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hadvin
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:15 pm  Reply with quote
Hunter

Which, by the way, this is NOT an attempt to cull members from Emerald Guard! Shocked Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kalielar
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:27 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

I know quite a number of Armed to the Teeth members (some I know biblically even) and I must say that from what I've seen, they are some of the nicest people I've met in Azeroth. In addition to joining some of them in MC twice a week, Tryxx and I ran with the Armed Zul'Gurub raid once and had a really fun time too. I think Armed has a similar vibe to the EG, so perhaps a coalition or merger isn't completely out of the realm of possiblity.

(Note: Don't panic, I'm not saying the Emerald Guard is disbanding or anything drastic like that. I'm just musing the pros/cons of at this time, as I'm looking for more ways to expand the horizons for everyone in the EG because we don't have the numbers or resources to run regular dungeons, raids or even to help the lowbies either. But fret not, for the EG and this forum will exist in one form or another, regardless.)

So for the sake of further inquiry, Caersuen, can you please tell us a little more about Armed to the Teeth? What's the main focus? Number of members? Who are the officers? Website info? How much hawt cyb0rz per hour? Etc.

Adeena
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:50 pm  Reply with quote
Hunter

Yes yes... But the real question is...

Does the tabard look cool? :p

Kali's my co-pilot I go where he goes, or am I 'your' co-pilot? Hmm...
Kalielar
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:07 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

Adeena wrote:
Kali's my co-pilot I go where he goes, or am I 'your' co-pilot? Hmm...

Awww! Very Happy

I like to think of us as each others' equal co-pilots, sailing off on the epic
[Azerothian Pedal Boat of Good Times]:

Adeena
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:08 pm  Reply with quote
Hunter

Okay... But I get to drive!
Hadvin
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 12:44 pm  Reply with quote
Hunter

The technical stuff:

Armed to the Teeth was formed in early February of 2005, so is currently around 14 months old, outlasting most every guild on Feathermoon by... about 13 months 3 weeks. Very Happy The guild currently has around eighty members total, but a /ginfo will show something like thirty-five "accounts". So, yes, we're addicted to alts as well.

Here's the leadership structure: *pulls out the mafia crime family flip-chart*

Hadvin

Lyrael

Nackle Brenthor Reavurond Scias Koriani

Tricksy

Hadvin: The Boss
Lyrael: Commander - AKA "Mommy"
Nackle: Lt. Commander - Espionage, ..........., Profit, AKA The Nicest Jackass You'll Ever Meet
Brenthor: Lt. Commander - Field Commander, AKA The Bane of Hammerfall. Every. Damn. Night.
Reavurond: Lt. Commander - The Hammer of Armed, AKA "THE" DPS Obsessed Warrior
Scias: Lt. Commander - Horde Infiltrator, AKA I'll Be Playing my Hordie
Koriani: Lt. Commander - Guild Cheerleader, AKA It's Time for Another Guild Instance Run!
Tricksy: Lieutenant - Raid Brigade Liason - AKA The Voice of Reason

Now, for less... technical info.

Armed's focus is simple. We don't really have one. Now, now, calm down, sit, sit. Have a drink. That being said, I've talked with a lot of other guild leaders in my time in WoW, and for the most part guilds seem to have some kind of... goal. Like if they do something just right and well enough they'll accomplish something.
Personally I have no clue what that's all about. I'm a fantastic slacker; I like to just hang out with good people and have fun... what's fun? It changes from night to night, week to week, and month to month. So on any given night the guild will be doing any number of things, sometimes together, sometimes not. Or we'll be split up doing our own thing.

For example, on a given night we usually have about twenty level 60s online (currently we have about 30 active level 60s in the guild). Five of those will be running Baron strat over and over trying to get to the Baron in under 45 minutes. Three will be PvPing in the Battlegrounds. Three more will be questing/farming in, say, Winterspring, but they won't be grouped, they'll just be farming and chatting in /guild. Four will be RPing in various places, sometimes together, sometimes not, saying, two in Stormwind, one in Darnassus, and one in Elwynn (rawr!). Five more will be in a non-Armed supported raid (i.e., NON-Raid Brigade) like MC or AQ20 and will be in that instance all night, depending on what night it is.

Our main method of communication is our out-of-character /guild channel. There we chat about... everything. Questions about quests, DPS theories, western literature, anime, etc. We flirt, but the /guild chat IS pretty tame (we've got a couple players under age 18, so our guild chat adjusts accordingly depending on who is online). Oooh, that's an interesting point. If I understand correctly we have guildies ranging in age from fifteen to forty. The average is, I think, around 25-30.

There's more info about the guild at our forum. http://www.preludes.org/armed

And, not to mention, the hawt cyborz are there. We all just feign being shy. Razz

An interesting point to mention, too, is that our aged players absolutely love teaching. For example: I consider myself one of the best teaching hunters on Feathermoon. I can talk to you about builds, gear, UI set up, mods, kiting, pulling (I'm, I've been told, one of the best pullers on the server), damage, PVP, etc. The same goes for our warriors, mages, rogues, etc.

Our single greatest strength, all in all, is the fact that we're laid back and friendly. I've never required anyone to do... anything. It's all volunteer. "Need this? Good." "Don't need this? Cool." All in all we're all becoming good friends while we play the game, having fun and kicking ass along the way. We're not really out to make a name for ourselves, that just comes naturally.

And.. here's the tabard: