Emerald Guard Forum Index
<  Guild Information and Membership  ~  On Endgame High-Level Instance Raiding
Kalielar
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:48 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

As Alexiez brought it up in his/her candidate introduction, I guess I should clarify that the Emerald Guard is not at this time, and probably never will be, a weekly endgame instance 'raiding guild'. Though we can occasionally run 5-man dungeon instances like BRD, Scholo, Strat and the like, we simply do not have enough high level members to form a dedicated 10-man raid for anything, not even WSG. We have neither the numbers nor resources to be a raiding guild in any capacity.

So, if you are 60 or nearing 60, here are your options if you're considering raiding:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• 1.) Check the Feathermoon forums for non-guild-based raid group recruitment posts. This is how Tryxx and I found our regular Molten Core group. I highly suggest finding a group that actually suits your personal schedule and playstyle. Note that due to the DKP system, these kind of groups often expect a regular commitment of two or three nights a week, every week, so I don't recommend this route for the casual player. Think of it as a part-time job, and expect to be treated like a lowly temp for the first couple of weeks. On the upside is that if you stick with it, you will eventually get fully outfitted in epic gear. The downside: you have to play real nice with 39 other people regularly, and lose sight of your RL social life.

• 2.) Check the LFG channel for Pickup Groups. PuGs aren't as bad at level 60, as they are for Deadmines. In fact, I have a Warlock friend who can't commit to any weekly group because of his kids and their unpredictable schedule, so he PuGs high-level instances all the time and will probably complete his epic set before me, since he can just roll need instead of having to wait weeks for his DKP turn like I do. He also has access to core leather, essences of fire, etc. without having to buy them with DKP either. The upside for him is convenience on his schedule. The downside is that you have to learn/teach new strategies with every new PuG which can slow down the run and cause unnecessary wipes. (By the way, some PuGs can lead to personal invites into non-guild raiding groups that run on special chat channels instead.)

• 3.) Join a new hardcore überleet dedicated high-end raiding guild (like Catalyst) that has repeatedly pwnxorzed Rag, Ony and every elite Boss in Azeroth skillions of times. The upside to this is that you'll be überleet in the blink of an eye, because all their other members are completely outfitted already and have memorized every single tip, trick and strategy. The downside is that you won't see our guild chat channel anymore, and you'll miss out on all the hawt guild-orgy cyborzeks that we'll suddenly engage in if you leave. (Don't worry, even if you decide to /gquit, you're still welcome to participate in our forums and events -- once an Emerald Guard, always an Emerald Guard.)

Here is a list of the progression of raiding groups so that you know which ones are experienced and have certain instances on farm-status:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-realm-feathermoon&t=204382&p=1&tmp=1#post204382

• 4.) If none of the above appeal to you, then simply don't raid. You don't have to raid to have a good time. There is still much to enjoy at level 60 beyond raiding. (In fact, some people I know just prefer the PvP epics anyway.) And before ya know it, the Expansion Pack will be out and you'll find yourself grinding to 70, hehe. The upside: you get to enjoy the game, and your RL too. The downside: your chance to earn epic loot is substantially lowered. But if you don't give a crap about epic loot anyway, then I suppose there is no downside.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Those are your choices. Go with whatever works best for you.

Regardless, I will always keep an eye out for raid openings for everyone in our guild, and perhaps may even someday find a semi-established instance group (maybe Zul'Gurub or something) that we can all be in, if our schedules permit.

Meanwhile, Tryxx and I are only commited to Molten Core twice a week at this time (Tuesdays and Sundays), but we are available on off nights for any other endgame instance. Please feel free to schedule a run on our Guild Events forum if you wish to lead a group into a specific dungeon.

Kalielar
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:02 am  Reply with quote
Druid

Here's another Feathermoon raid group progression thread that just started today:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-realm-feathermoon&t=220446&p=1&tmp=1#post220446