Emerald Guard Forum Index
<  Strategies and Guides  ~  Enchanting Calculator
Alycacia
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:03 am  Reply with quote
Warlock

So i've become interested in Enchants, but still don't understand what items can recieve which enchants.

I did find this nifty calculator however: http://wow.segamer.com/enchantbuilder.php

It lets you choose an enchant for each piece and then calculates all the materials you will need. So my question, for you enchanters out there is whether the calculator is up to date or not...

On the subject of Enchants, i'm looking for one on my Scythe that would help me, but ALSO look cool. Do any of the enchants relating to spell casters have cool glowy effects?

As much as I like the fire glow, it's uselss to me since I don't actually use my Staff to melee, unless i'm just harvesting the souls of GS n00bs for my sick pleasure.

That site also has a cool feature on the side under Armor, it lets you see all the epic armor on each of the different character models. If you are ever curious about what a specific armor looks like.
Kalielar
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:28 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

Hey Aly,

Cool link -- and the calculator appears up to date, even including the Winter's Might enchant which was a semi-rare drop from the Winter Festival.

As for the glows for spellcasters, yes, there are really cool glowy enchants for casters, particularly the +22 Mighty Intellect enchant that every caster covets.

Here's the rub though, despite being a 300 Enchanter for awhile now, the only caster-useful enchant I have for weapons is Minor Spirit for 2H weapons which has no glow. So far, all of my nifty glows are for melee. It appears the caster-specific enchants are the hardest to get.

I am working on my Thorium Brothers reputation for that +INT enchant, but it basically requires doing BRD about two dozen times until I gather a ridiculous amount of Dark Iron Residue. I'm always down to do this dungeon though, if you guys wanna go with! *hint hint* (Then again, you can always buy this enchant from the Trade channel as well, of course.)

Anyway, I do feel for ya -- I often wind up doing +3 DMG or Minor/Lesser Beastslaying on my weapons just to make them glow all purdy like without breaking the bank. But to make up for putting a pretty-much useless enchant on a weapon, I use a little Minor or Lesser Mana Oil as well on it. As a Warlock, you could use either Mana or Wizard oil.

One of the rare glow enchants I can do is +15 AGI (green glow -- check out Tryxx's weaps sometime), which could be considered useful since it also affects your armor and dodge rating. But the mats will cost you around 100 gold, so it's probably not worth it for a stat that isn't as important for casters as it is for rogues, hunters and feral druids, in my opinion.

As for what looks cool, I think Unholy is neat -- it's got like these like orbiting sphere flies surrounding this yellow haze. I'd love to get the purple Lifestealing enchant formula for Tryxx, but I've only seen it for sale at around 1200 Gold. Pft. Someday...

Anyway, here are the GLOW weaps I can do (I can do others that don't glow as well): (Note: I've been able to put Fiery on a 2H weapon, so some of the rare enchants are not limited to just 1 handers.)

Blue Glow

Weapon - Greater Striking : Permanently enchant a Melee Weapon to do 4 additional points of damage.
Weapon - Superior Striking : Permanently enchant a Melee Weapon to do 5 additional points of damage.
2H Weapon - Lesser Impact : Permanently enchant a Two-handed Melee Weapon to do 3 additional points of damage.
2H Weapon - Impact : Permanently enchant a Two-handed Melee Weapon to do 5 additional points of damage.
2H Weapon - Greater Impact : Permanently enchant a two-handed melee weapon to do +7 damage.

Red Glow

Weapon - Minor Beastslayer : Permanently enchant a Melee Weapon to do 2 additional points of damage to Beasts.
Weapon - Lesser Beastslayer : Permanently enchant a Melee Weapon to do 6 additional points of damage to Beasts.

Orange Glow

Weapon - Fiery Weapon : Permanently enchant a melee weapon to often strike for additional fire damage.
Weapon - Lesser Elemental Slayer : Permanently enchant a Melee Weapon to do 6 additional damage against Elementals.
Weapon - Demonslaying : Permanently enchant a melee weapon to have a chance of stunning and doing heavy damage to demons.

White Glow

Weapon - Icy Chill : Permanently enchant a melee weapon to often chill the target reducing their movement and attack speed.
Weapon - Winter's Might : Permanently enchant a weapon to grant up to 7 additional frost damage when casting frost spells.

Green Glow

Weapon - Agility : Permanently enchant a melee weapon to grant +15 Agility.

Kalielar
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:38 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

More info on glows:

http://www.thottbot.com/?ccb=1&v=399723

Kalielar
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:30 am  Reply with quote
Druid

I just found this, which shows you what actual glows look like:

http://www.emeraldguard.dreamhosters.com/viewtopic.php?p=670#670