0%  [ 0 ]
Weaponsmith
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

Thalonious
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:26 pm  Reply with quote
Paladin

Ok, so I've been lazy in my blacksmithing but finally decided to catch up a bit as of late. Now there is a problem I am faced with. The dwarf dude in Ironforge was all like, "Well I got nothin' more ta teach ya lad, but you should speak to other dude there for more learnings."

So I'm like ok whatever. So then I talk to the guy and he's all like, "Chose between armorsmithing and weaponsmithing, but be warned; if you choose one and not the other... YOU MAY NEVER COME BACK!!!1!" So then I got worried and was like maybe I had better think this one through.

So I went to the trusty thottbot.com page to look at the list of items at my disposal after 225 blacksmithing and I'm kind of torn. A lot of the armor looks pretty sweet to me, but then so do the weapons! I'm kinda leaning towards weaponsmithing to get that l33t [Sulfuron Hammer] which then leads to the [Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros] which looks even more l33t. Wut shood i do guys!?

I know Tryxx has expressed interest in this so called [Heartseeker] I think it was, but what about everyone else? I want my craft to go to the good of the guild as well as making me really really rediculously rich. Words of wisdom? Opinions? Concerns? Fears? Emotions? Anything!?

Here is the list of items to help aid your thought process.

http://www.thottbot.com/?t=Blacksmithing

The REAL Thalonious
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Adeena
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:09 pm  Reply with quote
Hunter

Go engineer! :p

Really though eheh, the problem with blacksmith or armorsmith is they just don't get used higher up. The components are devilishly impossible to find or get enchanted, and even then, after all the work and love you put into any of those items, a simple romp through one of the dungeons would net you a much better item...

My opinion mind you... But I think armorsmithing and weaponsmithing is best used on alts... Though, spurs and shield spikes are sexay!
Kalielar
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:29 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

Even though I voted for 'weapons' because shiny weapons are always cool (and usable by more classes, as opposed to metal armor), it also appears there's a lot of great +Fire Resist armor which would be really handy if you plan to commit to Molten Core. If you have no interest in dedicated raiding though, I'd say stick with weaps. Unless you purely like the look of the armor.

So it's really a toss up -- whatever works best for you. Blacksmith is definitely a hard road to pave. So go with your gut!