Emerald Guard Forum Index
<  AddOns, Macros and UI  ~  Macros: Hunter Macro Compilation
Jorielar
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:04 pm  Reply with quote
Hunter

Some people regard hunter macros as lazy. I personally prefer to think of them more in the terms of conserving button space on my action bars for all the skillion actions we can do.

(Note: I put in the Ranks that Jorielar has right now, and he's level 39. Adjust the rank #s according to your level.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

MARK:
Use this to mark your intended target and send your pet to attack.

/cast Hunter's Mark(Rank 2)
/script PetAttack():

Optional to the above:

I usually follow this up immediately with Aimed Shot to crit in the first strike. But I prefer to have more control over when Aimed Shot goes off, so I don't put it in my macro, but you can:

/cast Aimed Shot(Rank 3)

I use this to add 'Prowl' for his attack, particularly because my pet Echayakee has a slower attack speed, but a harder hit.

/script CastPetAction (7)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

PULL:
Uses a single Arcane Shot to pull one mob from a crowd, and stops AutoShot. Supposedly rank 1 Arcane Shot has the least amount of aggro, making it a little easier to pull just one mob instead of five, and a little easier for the tank to taunt the mob off you after.

/script CastSpellByName("Arcane Shot(Rank 1)");SpellStopCasting();
/incoming

STING:
Sends out a mana draining sting to casters, and a strength/agility draining sting to everyone else. (You can also use Serpent Sting instead of Scorpid, if you prefer to poison your target. Please note however that Viper Stings is a damage-over-time so it breaks traps.)

/script if (UnitPowerType("target") == 0) then
CastSpellByName("Viper Sting") else
CastSpellByName("Scorpid Sting"):end

Note: The variable in the above can be changed to whatever action you want.

0 = mana
1 = rage
2 = focus
3 = energy
4 = happiness

DEFENSE:
When ya can't shake the mob and it's too close for ranged attacks, just spam this sucker and pray that Elune saves your butt.

/cast Mongoose Bite
/cast Raptor Strike(Rank 5)
/cast Wing Clip(Rank 2)
/cast Aspect of the Monkey

ASSIST MAIN TANK:
Pretty straight forward.

/assist NameOfYourTarget
/script PetAttack()
/cast Auto Shot
/cast Hunter's Mark()

HELP FLUFFY:
Sometimes you send your pet to off-tank a mob while you work over the main tank's mob. This allows you to switch back to your pet's target quickly.

/script AssistUnit("pet");
/openfire %t <--- unnecessary but fun to throw in

CONCUSSIVE:
Slow 'em down and weaken them before they catch up to you.

/cast Concussive Shot
/cast Serpent Sting(Rank 3)

SCATTER:
To disorient your mob (any damage breaks the scatter, so pet is put on passive).

/cast Scatter Shot
/script PetWait()
/script PetPassiveMode()

FEIGN:
If you want to save your healers unnecessary anxiety from seeing your health bar drop to nothing in one second:

/cast Feign Death
/p <<**feigns death**>>

Some of these I made up, some I got off the Hunter forums, and others I got from TKA Something that has a ton more macros...

Happy Hunting! Wink

"CN I HAV UR RING. PLZ."
Adeena
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:30 pm  Reply with quote
Hunter

Jorielar wrote:
FEIGN:
If you want to save your healers unnecessary anxiety from seeing your health bar drop to nothing in one second:

/cast Feign Death
/p <<**feigns death**>>

This would just sap all the fun out of feign
Sefid
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:40 am  Reply with quote
Druid

I keep forgetting that Hunters even have that...all of a sudden I see the Hunter drop and I'm thinking "crap! I have to rez!"
Kalielar
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:13 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

Sefid wrote:
I keep forgetting that Hunters even have that...all of a sudden I see the Hunter drop and I'm thinking "crap! I have to rez!"

If I had 1 gold for every single time I frantically ran in an attempt to battle-rez Adeena, I would have an epic mount by now. Wink