Emerald Guard Forum Index
<  Strategies and Guides  ~  Talent Calculators - What's your talent build?
Kalielar
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:29 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

I've been playing around with the Talent Calculators at WorldofWarcraft.com -- and I'm curious, what are your talent builds? (Go to the Talent Calculator, put in your talent points then 'save template' for your custom link.)

My Restoration Druid build:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/druids2/talents.html?00000000000000005002000000000000555503105315051

Most druids put a couple of points in Nature's Grasp and Improved Nature's Grasp under the Balance tree, but since that only works outdoors, I find that Brutal Impact lets me bash/stun any mob that tries slapping me around, step away and self-heal both indoors and out in those hairy situations. (If I had known about racial ability back when I was an ültranewb though, I would have gone with Tauren's War Stomp for the same effect, and saved myself 7 talent points.)

I should probably sink some into Subtlety to reduce threat but I'll usually crit Regrowth regardless, so I went with Furor for those times when I'm runnin' around like a kitty or when I need to save my butt in bear form.

Thalonious
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:22 am  Reply with quote
Paladin

Here is my build towards 60

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/paladins2/talents.html?50500002000000510051005300500500321210000000

Just like my class, my talents are hyrbrid as well with an emphasis on Protection. As you can see, I have a lot of talents that go towards my longevity in combat, and reason for that is my overall shitty DPS. The big reason for my emphasis in protection is the get the Reckoning talent which allows stackable counterstikes after being victim of a crit. That talent alone boosts my offensive output and it's been working out in PvP so far.

My Retribution is simple, give me Seal of Crusader, a seal that grants my melee to deal holy damage equal the 70% of my maximum damage for a melee. Also some strength boosters like Blessing of Might and the increased crit %. And then there is a little bit of holy, which is a strength boost, holy spell focus to avoid inturruption and then fear/disorient resists for those pesky hit and run PvPers.

All in all, i think it's a good build for my play style. I like to be able to get into the thick of it if possible and be able to put out a litte... no pun intended.[/url]

The REAL Thalonious
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sefid
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:52 am  Reply with quote
Druid

This is what I hope will be my template. or at least something similar. I want Moonkinform and Feral swiftness, but I'm not quite sure how to get there with both. Although I've got I think a good template so far, it remains to be seen if further levels will be good to me too. I'm currently one level from Moonkin.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/druids2/talents.html?51005530125312512320320000000000000000000000000
Adeena
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:23 pm  Reply with quote
Hunter

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/hunters/talents.html?5400300000000000055515005133510000000000000000

Mostly marksman for me, I like to think that if my pet dies (which happens often) I don't have to feel like such a helpless target... Not to mention, with my gimp arse gear I'm already getting 1400 crit Aimed Shots!
Tryxx
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:07 pm  Reply with quote

Wow, unbuffed or with potions? I can only get those numbers on agi pots (or with GotW).

It's funny how often hunters are overlooked as damage dealers -- yet in every raid I've been in all 5 hunters have been first on the meter. Hunters pwn, yo.

I see you have nothing in improved concussive shot -- not worth it, then?

(Speaking of worthless, wtf = survival tree? I can't understand what it's really good for, besides killing dragons and other beasty bosses, which I admit is important in endgame, but still... lame. As Janari once said, "I just met my first survival hunter. He was strangely defensive." Heh.)

Fascinating seeing all of your builds. (Esp for my hunter and pally alts, hehe.) Mine is actually about to change (yet again) for better raiding ie damage, damage, damage. *kisses hemorrhage goodbye* Ah, I knew ye well...

P.S., Thal, I love how hardcore you've become. Hee!
Adeena
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:33 pm  Reply with quote
Hunter

Tryxx wrote:
Wow, unbuffed or with potions? I can only get those numbers on agi pots (or with GotW).

Umm, buffed I suppose but with my own 'buffs' just the Hawk Aspect and my Trueshot Aura, most of my gear is +agi of course but yea, no pots or anything... I actually hit that 1400 last night goofing around with Thal (So I suppose I also had the 'Kings' blessing thingy), since then I've noticed a couple 1100 to 1200's... Get my multi to crit around 700-800 and autos are around 500-600-ish... Can't wait for my next bow/gun and some supa-dupa arrows/bullets muhaha!

Tryxx wrote:
I see you have nothing in improved concussive shot -- not worth it, then?

Oh I think it's a dandy skill, and to be honest would love to have it, but it took a backseat priority to everything else I also wanted... At any rate I don't use concusion a whole lot anyhow, mostly to slow down runners (that are running away) if anything charges me, I'll just feign/disengage and the pet can usually reaquire... Save that I'll just wingclip+cheetah

Tryxx wrote:
(Speaking of worthless, wtf = survival tree? I can't understand what it's really good for, besides killing dragons and other beasty bosses, which I admit is important in endgame, but still... lame. As Janari once said, "I just met my first survival hunter. He was strangely defensive." Heh.)

Some hunters are just hell bent on being melee, and this is their 'bone'... Though Wyvern and some of the boosts are nice, like health, agility and crit%... I don't much 'get it' either.

Tryxx wrote:
Fascinating seeing all of your builds. (Esp for my hunter and pally alts, hehe.) Mine is actually about to change (yet again) for better raiding ie damage, damage, damage. *kisses hemorrhage goodbye* Ah, I knew ye well...

What are you switching into? Are you planning on doing daggers or something?
Alycacia
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:48 pm  Reply with quote
Warlock

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warlocks/talents.html?05000000000000000033030000000000005050105112005141

My build pretty much revolves around killing things. The faster the better.

The Destruction tree increases my chances to get crits, and increases my crit damage by 100%. It also gives me two new insta cats destruction spells, which work pretty well to rid my opponent of his last 20-30% of life in a jiffy.

The demonology tree buffs up my Imp, which I think is nice for the stamina buff. (I think its something like 50 right now.) I can also put points into Demonic Embrace which gives me 15% more stamina. Right now I don't have the max points in it, but at 60, i'm going to finish it off. More stamina for me, is like an extended mana pool, since I can convert it with lifetap. Right now I have improved VoidWalker, that's only to help tank things, without it he can't hold aggro at all. Once I hit 60 those points are going to go somewhere else.

Affliction lets me make one of my DOTS instant, which makes it actually viable to use, especially in PvP. For the next two leves i'm going to finish it off by putting points into Improved lifetap, so I can get more bang for my buck with health-mana conversion. (That way I won't feel so bad when I lifetap all my health after fights and make Thal heal me Wink )

At 60, i'm going to have 5 extra points.(The ones left over and the ones I remove from Improved Voidwalker). I'm not really sure where those are going to go yet. First I want to see what I do well with new armor, and what areas I need help in.