Emerald Guard Forum Index
<  Scheduled Events  ~  Lunar Festival - Jan 27 to Feb 14
Kalielar
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:38 am  Reply with quote
Druid

It appears that the Lunar Festival starts tomorrow...

Type: Holiday Event
Date: January 27th - February 14th

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/events/lunarnewyears/

Kalielar
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:41 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

All ya non-Druids should do the Lunar Festival teleporting quest this week to reach Moonglade and get the flightpath there. It'll save ya some time and trouble, as ordinarily, you would have to grind for reputation with the Timbermaw Faction to get through the tunnel from Felwood.

p.s. You may eventually want to earn Timbermaw rep regardless to be able to enter Timbermaw Hold and buy the rare recipes and formulas. Here's a tip: Don't ever kill a Timbermaw Furbolg because it's even harder to grind to Friendly rep from Hated than Unfriendly! Other Furbolgs are fair game.

Sefid
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:11 am  Reply with quote
Druid

The rocket quest also gives about 4000+ xp. The rocket quest only seems to work in Ironforge. /shrug The rocket quest cost about 4 silver I beleive (2 clusters, and 8 small rockets).

The rocket recipes are for engineers only and soulbound. I bought some to my disappointment. Now I have to get 5 more for some cookiees or flares (or more clouthes!). But I got 2 outfits, a black pantsuit and a green dress. Smile Dress colors are Green, Pink, and Purple (Sorry Tryxx), and the Pantsuits are 2 shades of blue and Black. Now to do these things with my other characters. Smile All rewards come with a big box of fireworks too.

Also if you wonder why Night Elves suddenly became chinese (some guy asked this in general chat some where), it is the chinese new year (Jan. 29th). After getting a coin you get a redenvelope with either lucky rockets that give all around +250 health or elder globes that make a moonbeam in one spot for 3 minutes.

Fun stuff! ...now where can I get more coins.......
Tryxx
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:56 am  Reply with quote

Hey Sefid, where did you find the rocket recipes? Who's got 'em? I couldn't seem to find them anywhere.
Thalonious
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:04 am  Reply with quote
Paladin

After picking up several coins from those elders, I got a mail later in the day from each elder I spoke too with a surprise gift in it. Some of the surprises were rockets that I thought would help complete that quest but alas it didn't. Sad

I fired em off in the canons in SW tho. I don't think that would matter tho... or would it!?!

The REAL Thalonious
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sefid
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:17 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

The recipes are not available to low level characters. I tried to get them with Monkeywrench (my crazy gnome) and I couldn't. He's even an engineer! Sad The female elf next to the coin collector has the recipes. They require lvl 125 engineering to use.

The rocket quest, to get the invitation only works in Ironforge!
Buy rockets in any of the cities, and fire them in Ironforge. The ones you get as gifts give +250 Health for 30 minutes, they don't count towards the quest to get an invitation. The others only count in IRONFORGE! The quest is bugged.

Oh and you can also use they same invite to get to ANY city after a short cooldown. That is how I got to Darnasses with Monkeywrench without going through the Wetlands. So the brave/crazy can go visit all the Horde cities they have yet to visit. Smile

Final note: the quest for invites, a.k.a. the rocket quest gives 4950 experience.

Oh and someone said that the quest to take down Omen can only be done by those lvl 40 and above.
Tryxx
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:40 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Sefid! Talk about bugged: Skweek teleported to Moonglade today for the second time via the invite and was immediately killed by a crazed sentinel! She even called her a 'sissy'! Hrumph. How rude.

So the brave/crazy can go visit all the Horde cities they have yet to visit.

It would be awesome if that worked, but unfortunately alliance chars can't teleport to horde cities, and vice versa. Someone tried and was merely teleported a few feet away, however his cooldown started over again. Meanies. Wink

Also, for some reason on the WoW website they claim that there are red dresses/pantsuits. Maybe that's just for higher levels too. Will investigate tonight.
Sefid
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:57 am  Reply with quote
Druid

Small rocket Recipes available at lvl 20
Large rocket recipes at 40
any more? Not like I can find out. hehe

Also elune's candle isn't available to those below 10. Smile