Emerald Guard Forum Index
<  Off-Topic General Discussions  ~  Aldor Rise!
Darcloak
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:39 am  Reply with quote
Warrior

My first challenge was completed. Exhalted reputation with the Kurenai. My next reputation grind won't be so easy. In fact its going to take alot of work.

Exhalted reputation with Aldor rise.

Now I ask my friends. To those who have allied with the Scryers (or even those who dont care about the Aldor's rep rewards), I need a buttload of these
Marks of Kil'jaden, as well as Marks of Sargaras (or whatever it is)

If anyone is willing to give these marks to me, I'll be willing to barter. I don't have much, but I'm willing to try.

Serandriel
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:43 pm  Reply with quote
Priest

Hehe... yay for Aldor! ^.^v

I'm struggling with this, too... but hey, at least you can solo the mobs that drop them! Just kill any sort of demons around... they drop them. Especially out in Blade's Edge... tons of demons. @_@

Also, look for [Fel Armament]s. They give a nice rep boost as well as [Holy Dust] that you'll need to turn into the Aldor for certain items like their shoulder enchants. ^^

Anyways, good luck with that! I'm stuck at Honored... no time to grind. T_T

¤Serandriel¤
Kalielar
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:55 am  Reply with quote
Druid

Good luck to both of you guys on the faction grind! I haven't chosen a side yet, still riding the fence until I have the time to really consider the rewards closely. But I'll try and help when I can, if even just in grinding mobs sometime.

Serandriel
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:09 pm  Reply with quote
Priest

Yeah, I can see it being a really hard choice for hybrid classes. You can easily go either way! ^^; I guess for me, I leaned more towards a RP reason: could I see Sera hanging around a bunch of chaotic Blood Elves? Erm... no. ^^; Could I see her hanging around the more calmer Dranaei who speak of following the Light and give lectures on how the ways of the Light are beneficial? Why, yes! ^^;

So yeah, that was an "easy" choice for me... although it makes me sad that most of the people I do know are all Scryer. @_@ Hehe. Nothing wrong with that... just I can see why they would. I mean we don't normally have Blood Elves on our side... so it's just cool to be able to have that option! ^^

In the end, it's really what you want to pursue more. Weapons? Recipes? A particular tradeskill recipe they have that the other doesn't? Shoulder enchants? Armor? Roleplaying? @_@
So many decisions to weigh out! If I wanted to focus more on tradeskills rather than Sera's RP, I really should have chosen Scryer because I believe they have more stuff involved with enchanting and Aldor is more jewelcrafting (Haha, funny how Aseria went that way even though he's a jewelcrafter ^^). That, and it's just convenient to have a trainer right in your base.

If you asked me (which you're not, so please feel free to ignore me ^^) ... from an RP standpoint... of what I've read and gathered about both your characters, I could see Jorielar going Scryer and Kalielar leaning more towards Aldor (although Kalielar does display random personalities from time to time, so I could very well be WAY off on this assessment @_@!) *shrugs* But that leaves you kind of in a bind since you seem to put more emphasis on Kalielar than Jorielar. *shrugs* I know that Aseria's brother (his paladin character) went Aldor just because it fit his personality to be on the side of those who follow the Light strictly... and Aseria's more chaotic than her brother is. Rivalen's an ol' fuddy duddy stick-in-the-mud. XD *giggles*

RP-wise... most "traditional" Night Elves in lore despise their "cousins" the High Elves, and especially shun the Blood Elves due to their obsession with arcane and demonic magics. I'm not sure where Kalielar falls in that catagory, but he comes off more accepting of all types. I know that with my druid... I'll sadly end up with two on the Aldor side because she is a "traditional" Night Elf who despises her "cousins." Then again, she doesn't like many people who are "lesser" than her kind (note: non Night Elven). :p

Good luck with your decision! ^__^

¤Serandriel¤
Thalonious
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:29 pm  Reply with quote
Paladin

I think I might have come across a few of these, and if I do come across more I'll send em over your way. I've been out of game for the past week so I'm not sure and will have to check my inventory once I get back into the swing of things.

The REAL Thalonious
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Darcloak
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:32 pm  Reply with quote
Warrior

I'm honored now, so I can't turn in the Kal'jaeeen things anymore.