Sorry Tryxx and I couldn't get back online last night for Strat. We lost our internet access for a few hours.
Anyhow, hope we get another swing at it this weekend. Wewt!
Hey! That's my excuse! Beings I've got copyright an pattens I think you owe me at least a penny!! Don't make me come lookin for you, it'd be a shame to have anyone break a knee over this.
I may (read: Most likely) have a TON of free time this weekend with the family going out of town. While I can't vouch for my soberness for the most part, I'm sure I'll still be in fine form to game, if somethings being planned for the weekend let me know I'd love to come!
This quest is hella-rough, especially for people who have Tier 0 or less gear, and hence are the ones who actually need to complete it. I've learned in my four attempts that it's not easy to get a good group for this due to the fact that it requires near flawless execution and therefore requires a good balance of classes in order to even think about doing it.
- If you don't have a priest, a resto druid, or a resto shaman (or holy pally), don't even think about it. All the posts I've seen with people bragging about their victory had a priest with them, but I think a resto could do it too. The priest's Shackle Undead is highly useful.
- Do NOT sit down and drink after each fight. It should be rare for your group to do so. You need to be pulling mobs before your current targets are dead repeatedly.
- Pop potions to reduce downtime.
- Kill only the mobs you need to kill in order to get to the ziggurat bosses.
- Don't forget to clean out the inside of the ziggurats after you kill each boss.
- Do not loot ANYTHING except the ziggurat bosses and Ramstein (cause they're sure to have good stuff).
- Tanks and DPS should be aggressive in order to kill fast, but watch yourself. Getting rezzed and healing afterward costs precious minutes.
- Make sure everyone is keeping an eye out for Eyes of Naxxramas. If you don't KOS them, they'll bring in extra mobs.
- You do NOT need to kill the Magistrate (he's the big ugly ghoul-looking dude just outside the Abomination Gate).
- Don't have Ventrilo? Get it.
- Having players who have attempted the 45 min run before will be a good benefit to your group.
So if you need to complete it, or are willing to help out, please post your name / class / spec / experience like so:
Experience: 4 attempts, all within 10 minutes of deadline.
(I might self-kick this a couple times to get it rolling)
And then posted by Macmoran of <The Boomstick Gang>:
Just a few additional comments. Ive done this a few times with various groups and seen a few different successful strategies.
* You dont need a warrior or priest. My first successful run as with a resto druid (Side issue: I miss Tsuli!) and a feral druid. If Tsuli ever needed to drink shed sit and I'd take over.
* Having a rogue + druid healer gave us an additional advantage - the could stealth into a zig and kill the alcolytes in there while we moved on to the next zig. Our Rogue was more than capable of soling the Zigs, but I prefered to be safe and not have her blow cooldwns we might need in an emergency.
* You dont need to go overboard on buffs. First successful attempt for me was only buffed with Mark and my blessings
* Bascic pull order. Into the gauntlet and stay at the gate. Pull every gargolye as they fly past but dont stop fighting to wait for them. In fact dont stop fighting at all. Pull everything back to the gate including the baroness. After she is dead, stealth squad (make sure ghouls are dead) into the zig while tank, backup healer and other member head toward Nerub. Kill nerub, stealth squad into Zig, rest into bug trap. Clear along left wall to and including the 4 ghouls, across the road and hug left wall to Malakai, killing casters and the odd annoying spider. All into zig, double back, and start the aboms. Fight the aboms in the slaughterhouse, not in the entryway. Try not to have a bile spewer last as they eat healer mana which you'll need for Rammy. Kill Rammy, deal with undead zerg, guards, baron and collect phat lewt.
* Successful groups ive been in: ( all of these groups were not epic geared at the time. Every member of these grouops is now well decked out in tier 1 or equivalent epics and one member has just gotten her first tier 3 - lucky bugger! I still wear my soulforge because its just so bloody good.)
- First success: 2 druids, pally, rogue hunter. Yep, no warrior, mage or priest.
- Most fun: 2 warriors, 2 pallies, priest. This run was awesome fun and probably the fastest. I did all the pulling for this one.
- Hunter, rogue, druid, pally, warrior (2 seconds to spare)
- Mage, Priest, warrior, pally, Rogue
* Worst group combos: Really, this is any group with too much mana. While Ive successfully done baron strat many, many times without a warrior/bear and a rogue, the 45 minute run really needs rage/energy to keep it moving
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum