Emerald Guard Forum Index
<  Photo Gallery  ~  Bootylicious Kal
Kalielar
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:12 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

I like the DuF on that one! And the mini-map and buffs are sweet too -- what are you using for those? And is that eCastingBar?

My current UI is a slightly modified Highborn UI, though I may tweak it to have even less bells and whistles. Seems to have run fairly smoothly (though the 3D portraits sometimes move out of frame).

For tradition's sake, I had to be nude in this one -- bootylicious!:

http://emeraldguard.dreamhosters.com/photo_albums/kal/Kal_HighbornUI.jpg

Here's one with target selected, tooltip, whisper and loot visible:

http://emeraldguard.dreamhosters.com/photo_albums/kal/Kal_HighbornUI_Select.jpg

Also, before I had Highborn installed, I was using X-Perl Unit Frames which I still actually really like. But I figured if I'm going to use Discord Art, might as well go Discord all the way to prevent conflicts.

http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/addons-4507-1-xperl-unitframes.html

Adeena
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:29 pm  Reply with quote
Hunter

I'll have to get some better shots with a full group. That's eCastingBar yeah, snapped the pick just as I canceled my bandage otherwise it wouldn't be there. Its sorta eye candy but well, I'm into that eheh. Hence the buff mod, that's 'Gypsy Buff'. I can't recal the name of the minimap one, "Corner Minimap" maybe? I just went to Curse-Gaming an typed in "Minimap" it was updated and I dug it so I snapped it up... I really liked my 'clean minimap' one that let me move the minimap around but the last patch broke it.

I like the art around your minimap and the viewport, keep meaning to play with viewport. Really neat DuF work on yours too, I like the animated portraits on self an target there, is that not 'Adapt'?
Kalielar
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:01 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

Thanks for the tips! I didn't like the Highborn UI buffs, so I'm using CT buffs in the above, but I'm going to switch to your Gypsy ones. I'm also not sure I'm going to stick with Discord Action Buttons (the way it's set up, I had to install Telo's Self Cast too -- though I hear this feature will be available in the next patch) -- so I might switch those back to CT Bottom Bar. Not sure yet.

I tried out eCasting bar for the first time, it comes with Highborn and I dig it alot. Eye candy = /drool. BTW, here's the link btw of the original Highborn which places the self & target units in the middle (I moved mine to the left to make room for Raid stuff, and also changed the colors because the original is a little too monochromatic on the health/mana bars):

http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/addons-4637-1-highborn-ui.html

And yeah, the portraits are Adapt + Zuxana's Model Citizen which both came with Highborn (it also comes with a working version of Clean MiniMap, hint hint). Unfortunately, it even says in the ReadMe that sometimes the 3D portraits go wonky in the DUF frame, which is why I turned it off for Party and just kept it for Self & Target. (From ReadMe: Blizzard's model's reference points are different for each model. What may appear normal zoomed out for a Dwarf may appear zoomed into the torso of Ragnaros.)

Monna wrote:
I like the art around your minimap and the viewport, keep meaning to play with viewport.

I find that I'm raiding more than soloing nowadays, and there's usually so much chat/whispers/emotes/guildchat/etc going on that it's easy to get lost. I specifically chose Highborn for the viewport, and I removed action bars 3 and 4 on Highborn to make more room for more chat windows. It seems to work better for me (at least for now, haha).

Alright, I'm off to tinker some more, muhaha! Thanks for being my UI-fiddling-enabler, Monna. Very Happy

Kalielar
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:03 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

p.s. BTW, I turned my Max Camera Distance to 'High' in the Interface Options so that I don't lose sight of anything even with the viewport altered. That's also really handy to do for AQ20 because you get to see a wide-angle of the playing field and spot the moving quicksand locations. It's also great for Onyxia's Lair to see who the feck is standing too close to the whelp groups -- minus 50 DKP! Wink

Kalielar
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:58 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

I was scoping out the UI forums yet again, and came across this one -- it's kinda sexy:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b317/Mindstate101/flying.jpg

I'm posting it here for future reference.

Koytis
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:15 pm  Reply with quote
Druid

I tried out the highborne too, and gave up. It took away too much real estate I think, it's sexy, but to cramped. Back to the same ol same ol hehe. But that UI you posted Kal looks very sleek!