Emerald Guard Forum Index
<  Character Bios  ~  Ticious
Ticious
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:14 pm  Reply with quote

Name: Ticious

Race: Human

Class: Warrior

Professions: Blacksmith (low level), Mining (artisan), Cooking (artisan), Fishing (artisan)

Current Home: Booty Bay

Brief Physical Description: First of all, I'm a woman. I don't know why, but folks seem to think Ticious is a masculine name. I am a very femine woman..okay, I run around in plate armor most of the time, but none the less, I consider myself to be very womanly. I have shoulder length brown hair which I always wear loose, and green eyes.

Brief Personality Description: Generally speaking, I'm very laid back and easy going. Friends tell me I have a tendency to be a bit on the stubborn side at times, but only when it really matters to me. I see myself as a bit of a rock with waves washing over me. The waves represent the bad things in life. They wash over me and I remain.

Goals and motivators: I haven't thought very much about my goals in life. My primary focus usually seems to be reaching that next crafting level, completing my current assignments or just seeing what's over the top of that next hill. Most of the time, I don't think very much beyond that. But I am motivated by a driving desire to explore every corner of the world for clues as to my parents fate. But more on that below.

Passionate about the war? Not particularly. I do my part to defend our world, but as far as the war with the Horde goes, well, I suspect they're just a bunch of folks trying to get by just like we are. Frankly, if only we could find enough common ground, the best thing for everyone would be for the Alliance and the Horde to make peace, join together and fight the true enemies of Nazeroth as we've done in the past. But I don't see that happening anytime soon so in the meantime, I will remain loyal to the Alliance and will do whatever is required of me as a warrior.

A typical quote from your character: "Ah, Pooh!" (when something goes wrong) or "Cool!" (when something goes well). I guess I'm not very chatty.

History: I was born in Duskwood, near the river where Westfall, Elwynn Forest and Duskwood meet. My parents left to fight the great war when I was not much more than a baby. I kind of remember my father's voice and looming presence, but nothing of my mother. They left me with an aunt, my mother's sister, I believe. But I was still pretty small when she got sick and I had to go to the orpahage in Stormwind. I never heard from my aunt again and when I went back to Duskwood, I found Sven camped near the site of our old house. Neither he nor anyone in Darkshire knew anything of my family.

The orpahage was not a bad place to grow up. I spent a lot of time in the Cathedral learning about the way of the Light from the priests and paladin trainers. For years, I just knew I was going to grow up to be a paladin, all dressed in shining armor and riding a fine white charger.

Then, when I was just on the verge of womanhood, perhaps thirteen or fouteen, I was visited by a grizzled old dwarf warrior named McFadden. He'd fought with my father in the great war. He told me that my mother had disappeared and that my father suspected she had been taken by the Burning Legion. Some even said she had joined them. My father had made it his quest to find her but was killed before finding any trace. McFaddon was with him at the end and promised to come for me.

McFaddon took me to Loch Modan and he and his wife raised me there with his own daughter, Maerdy. I think the most important thing they taught me was to laugh. I'll never forget the day McFaddon's poor wife died. He got roaring drunk and laughed so hard, though there were tears of grief streaming down his face. He said it was an honor to her memory. I'll never forget that day and will always remember to honor old McFaddon with laughter.

So that's the long and the short of it. Now I wander the world, gaining in strength, searching for any sign of my mother and striking any blow I can against the Burning Legion and those who would support them. I try to find time to stay in touch with Maerdy. Now with McFaddon gone (he passed away just last year), I'm all she has. She's a fine hunter now, just starting out on her adventure. And when she laughs, she sounds just like her father.
Saralune
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:36 pm  Reply with quote
Hunter

Awww Ticious, I just read your bio, that's so sweet! Really plucked the old heartstrings ^^ I read Tyrll's too (no surprises THERE), and I hope to eventually read everyone's here and get to know you better. I'm gonna start working on mine, but it takes forever for me to type stuff, so the library might close before I'm done! hehe
Ticious
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:10 am  Reply with quote

Thanks Sara! I'm gonna write one up for Sharran, too. She became friends with Ticious when she (Sharran) was training in Kharanos. Actually, she met McFaddon at Thunderbrew Inn and he took her home for dinner with his family shortly after Ticious went to live with them. But that will all be in her bio.....

Sharran's story is much happier and less of a heart-string puller.

Razz